Compare the top 10 VPN providers of 2020 with this side-by-side VPN service comparison chart that gives you an overview of all the main features you should be considering.
|Free Trials||Free Trial||Free Trial||Free Trial||Free Trial||Free Trial|
|Countries||US, UK, FR, DE, RO, ES, CA...||US, DE, FR, ES, IT, NL, PT...||UK, US, CH, FI, NL, HK, RU...||US, UK, AU, CA, BR, RU, CH...||UK, DE, AU, FR, FI, SE...|
|# Connected Devices||7||6||5||2||5|
|Languages||EN, DE, FR, ES,||EN, DE, FR, ES, IT, NL||EN||EN, DE, ES, FR, IT, RU, TR||EN|
|Extra Services||Web Proxy||HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxies||Dedicated IP||Browser Extensions|
|Protocols & Encryption|
How to Compare VPN Services
Every VPN provider has its own unique features and pros and cons, it’s up to you to decide which one suits your personal needs and tastes best. Most of the companies have the data you need to be able to make a choice on their website. But to make it easier for you to compare them side-by-side we created this VPN comparison chart with the top 10 VPN services.
Combined with our reviews and the customer reviews and ratings on our website, you are bound to find the perfect VPN service to protect your online identity and unblock sites you are eager to explore. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can find the perfect VPN for your needs.
1. Establish the Scope of the VPN Network
This is the first thing that you need to compare and probably the most important if you will be relying on a VPN for all of your internet needs. The scope or size of the VPN network that you will be channeled through will dictate how reliable it is, how fast it runs etc.
Stats like the number of servers and speed of the VPN backbone should be compared. Server locations may be important if you are in a remote country or your location has active blocks in place by ISPs or at a countrywide level. The amount of servers available in countries where websites you want to visit aren’t censored is also important, as you don’t want to connect to overcrowded, slow servers to access blocked sites.
2. Which Protocols, Encryptions Matter for You?
Which devices and operating systems are you planning on using a VPN for, and how many devices in total will you use your VPN on? Not only should you look at the devices and operating systems supported by the service; you may also want to look at whether the provider has a VPN client software for the systems that you want to run the VPN on.
Every VPN protocol has its pros and cons, and not every VPN protocol supports every operating system or device. Be aware that some VPN providers include a broad range of protocols that cover all possibilities, but others sell mobile VPN protocol packages at an extra charge or as standalone packages.
Do you have Apple TV, an Xbox 360 or other fancy multimedia appliances that you would like to use to access Netflix, Hulu or other multimedia services? Make sure to keep this in mind when comparing different VPN solutions; one provider is better in supporting these devices than the other.
3. Read (Customer) Reviews
Now you have the facts and figures, time to take a look at how well the VPN provider(s) you have in mind perform in the minds of other users and VPN experts such as us. Read through the VPN reviews on our website to get more in-depth details on certain features, and check the ratings and user reviews submitted on our website by other consumers and business owners. This customer feedback will give you valuable insights that you won’t gather elsewhere. Things such as the quality of the customer service provided by the provider, a crucial aspect, can only be measured in the form of feedback given by current customers of a company.
4. Give Them a Try
Now you’ve compared the features and reviews of two or more VPN providers, and perhaps you already took a peek into the pricing options as well. Still, it is very likely that you’re currently still considering a couple of VPN’s at this point. This is where you might want to check if your preferred services offer a free VPN trial account or boast a solid money-back guarantee that give you the chance to give the service(s) a test run.
5. Comparing Prices and Subscription Plans
After you have a shortlist of VPN providers that meet your requirements, the next step should be to compare the cost of the VPN’s you prefer. Many will offer discounts if you agree to a, 3-month, 6-month or 12-month subscription, with extra discounts available if you search for VPN coupons or take advantage of a special promotion offer. Other aspects such as the payment methods that you can use and the presence of a money-back guarantee (just in case) are also worth taking note of.
On our blog we frequently do detailed side-by-side comparisons of two providers, below you find an overview of VPN comparisons we did earlier:
- 12VPN vs HideMyAss VPN Comparison
- 12VPN vs StrongVPN Comparison
- Anonine vs NordVPN Comparison
- Astrill vs IPVanish Comparison
- Astrill vs StrongVPN Comparison
- AVG Secure VPN vs Bitdefender Premium VPN Comparison
- Betternet vs ZoogVPN Comparison
- CyberGhost vs ibVPN Comparison
- CyberGhost vs IPVanish VPN Comparison
- CyberGhost vs Private Internet Access Comparison
- CyberGhost vs SurfEasy Comparison
- ExpressVPN vs PureVPN VPN Comparison
- FlashRouters vs Sabai Technology Comparison
- Hide.me vs CyberGhost VPN Comparison
- Hide.me vs HideMyAss Comparison
- HideMyAss vs NordVPN Comparison
- ibVPN vs NordVPN VPN Comparison
- IronSocket vs IPVanish Comparison
- Ivacy vs IPVanish VPN Comparison
- Le VPN vs Ivacy Comparison
- LiquidVPN vs NordVPN Comparison
- Mullvad vs VPNTunnel Comparison
- NordVPN vs CyberGhost VPN Comparison
- NordVPN vs ExpressVPN Comparison
- NordVPN vs IPVanish VPN Comparison
- Private Internet Access vs TorGuard Comparison
- Private Internet Access vs Webroot WiFi Security VPN Comparison
- ProtonVPN vs AirVPN Comparison
- SaferVPN vs ExpressVPN Comparison
- SaferVPN vs PureVPN VPN Comparison
- Speedify vs ExpressVPN VPN Comparison
- StrongVPN vs ExpressVPN Comparison
- StrongVPN vs HideMyAss Comparison
- StrongVPN vs NordVPN Comparison
- SurfEasy vs ZenMate VPN Comparison
- Surfshark vs CyberGhost Comparison
- TorGuard vs BTGuard VPN Comparison
- TotalVPN vs CactusVPN
- TunnelBear vs SurfEasy Comparison
- TunnelBear vs TigerVPN Comparison
- VPN Comparison: BolehVPN vs HideMyIP
- VPN Comparison: CactusVPN vs BTGuard
- VPN Comparison: HideMyAss vs PureVPN
- VPN Comparison: ibVPN vs Private Internet Access
- VPN Comparison: IPVanish vs HideMyAss
- VPN Comparison: proXPN vs Private Internet Access
- VPN Comparison: VPN4ALL vs HideMyAss
- VPN Comparison: VyprVPN vs StrongVPN
- VPN Service Comparison: StrongVPN vs VPNGates
- VPN Service Comparison: WiTopia vs Astrill
- VPN Unlimited vs PureVPN Comparison
- VPN.ht vs IPVanish Comparison
- VPNhub vs NordVPN VPN Comparison
- VyprVPN vs ExpressVPN Comparison
- VyprVPN vs IPVanish VPN Comparison
- VyprVPN vs PureVPN Comparison
- Windscribe vs TunnelBear VPN Comparison
- ZenMate vs NordVPN VPN Comparison
- ZenMate vs Windscribe VPN Comparison